Are you looking to update your skills? Maybe you'd like to retrain for a new career? Take a look at the latest training courses on offer.
Try Free Courses with The Open University
OpenLearn is a great place to get an idea of what to expect from university study. With over 800 free courses on a range of subjects, you'll find something that interests you. OpenLearn aims to break the barriers to education by reaching millions of learners around the world, providing free educational resources and inviting all to sample courses that our registered students take – for free!
For most of our undergraduate courses you don’t need any formal qualifications to study with us because we believe anyone keen to succeed should have the opportunity to study. Find out how to start your free course here.
Grants & Bursaries for Adult Learners
Adult learners can apply for grants and bursaries to help pay for courses and training. Usually, you don’t have to pay this money back.
For most grants and bursaries you apply directly to the organisation that gives them out. They’ll have an application form and will be able to tell you if you qualify. You might also be able to get help with childcare costs while you study.
- Family Action provides information about education grants.
- The General Federation of Trade Unions Educational Trust has grants for students of economic theory and history, industrial law and industrial relations.
- Medicine, Dentistry or Healthcare - you may get an NHS Bursary
- Social Work - you may get a Social Work Bursary
- Teaching - you can get help with the costs of Teacher Training
Role of the Week
Water Babies Ltd
Location: UK Wide
Water Babies teachers are the best trained swimming teachers in the world and we're proud of giving every parent, carer and baby the best experience possible in and out of the water.
Find out More